As a new student, you have questions about the requirements you need to complete and check off your to-do. We've made it easy by compiling a list of need-to-know deadlines and requirements for the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service (PTCAS). Let's get started!
July 1 | Application opens.
November 15 | GRE scores linked to your PTCAS application.
- PTCAS Code: 4718
- Minimum GRE score: 295 (Verbal and Quantitative)
- The written component is also required but is not included in the minimum score requirement.
TOEFL scores are required for all international applicants.
November 1 | References due.
- Two references are required. One must be from a physical therapist.
- Approved professional second reference includes another physical therapist, professor in your major, professor from any other college course, a PTA, pre-PT advisor, health care professional or clergy.
- References are not accepted from a teaching assistant, friend, family member, co-worker or anyone not listed on the approved list provided above.
- References are confidential.
November 1, 40 hrs. | Required hours due.
- Paid hours are accepted.
- Hours must be completed within two years of applying.
- Hours cannot be completed in more than two locations.
- You no longer need to submit a volunteer form. You will submit the following information directly to PTCAS: Location of where you volunteered, the location address, phone number, the name of the supervising PT or volunteer coordinator, and email address of supervising PT or volunteer coordinator.
November 1 | Application deadline.
Review the PCTAS instructions.
Input fall coursework and any intended future courses you will be taking in the winter and/or spring semesters in your PTCAS application under Academic History.
Review the checklist to make sure you have submitted all of the components.
November 3 | $50 application fee due.
This fee is separate from the PTCAS application fee. When you submit your application, an email will follow with the application fee payment process.