Admission decisions will be made based on the following:
- 3.0 GPA in the prerequisite courses.
- Volunteer Observation Hours. 40 hours of volunteer experience under a licensed physical therapist. Documentation of volunteer experience is part of the PTCAS application.
- Two references-one MUST be from a PT.
- Essay and Short Answer Questions.
- TOEFL scores (if applicable).
No. The GRE's are no longer required as part of the admissions process.
The DPT program is a three-year, graduate professional program that follows three years of undergraduate coursework. From high school to graduating with a DPT degree will take a minimum of six years.
With a DPT degree and licensed in the state of your choice, you’ll be able to practice in a wide range of settings:
- Hospitals, including specialty areas such as acute care or geriatrics
- Outpatient practices
- Rehabilitation centers
- Schools and universities
- Physician offices
- Home health agencies
- Nursing homes