Diet and Toxicant Exposure
- Desai G, Anzman-Frasca S, Vernarelli JA, Ravenscroft J, Yang J, Burnstein G, Kordas K. Examining links between diet and lead exposure in young children: 2009 to 2014 National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. Academic Pediatrics 2020; S1876-2859: 30249-7. PMID: 32562770.
- Taylor CM, Doerner R, Northstone K, Kordas K. Maternal diet during pregnancy and blood cadmium concentrations in an observational cohort of British women. Nutrients 2020; 12: 904. PMID: 32224907.
- Desai G, Millen AE, Vahter M, Queirolo EI, Peregalli F, Mañay N, Yu J, Browne RW, Kordas K. Associations of dietary intakes and serum levels of folate and vitamin B-12 with methylation of inorganic arsenic in Uruguayan children: comparison of findings and implications for future research. Environmental Research 2020; 189: 109935. PMID: 32980017.
- Taylor CM, Doerner R, Northstone K, Kordas K. Dietary patterns are not consistently associated with variability in blood lead concentrations in pregnant British women. Journal of Nutrition 2019;149:1027-36. PMID: 31149708.
- Burganowski R, Vahter M, Queirolo EI, Peregalli F, Baccino V, Barcia E, Mangieri S, Ocampo V, Mañay N, Martínez G, Kordas K. A cross-sectional study of urinary cadmium concentrations in relation to dietary intakes in Uruguayan school children. Science of the Total Environment. 2019; 658:1239-1248. PMID: 30677986.
- Kordas K, Burganowski R, Roy A, Peregalli F, Baccino V, Barcia E, Mangieri S, Ocampo V, Mañay N, Martínez G, Vahter M, Queirolo EI. Nutritional status and diet as predictors of children’s lead concentrations in blood and urine. Environment International. 2018;111:43-51.
- Kordas K, Queirolo EI, Manay N, Peregalli F, Hsiao PY, Lu Y, Vahter M. Low-level arsenic exposure: Nutritional and dietary predictors in first-grade Uruguayan children. Environmental Research. 2016;147:16-23. PMID: 26828624.
- Travis SC, Aga DS, Queirolo EI, Olson JR, Daleiro M, Kordas K. Catching flame retardants and pesticides in silicone wristbands: evidence of exposure to current and legacy pollutants in Uruguayan children. The Science of the Total Environment 2020; 740: 140135. PMID: 32927574.
- Kordas K., Roy A, Vahter M, Ravenscroft J, Mañay N, Peregalli F, Martínez G, Queirolo EI. Multiple-metal exposure, diet, and oxidative stress in Uruguayan school children. Environmental Research. 2018;166:507-515. PMID: 29957504.
- Kordas K, Ardoino G, Coffman DL, Queirolo EI, Ciccariello D, Manay N, Ettinger AS. Patterns of exposure to multiple metals and associations with neurodevelopment of preschool children from Montevideo, Uruguay. Journal of Environmental and Public Health. 2015;2015:493471. PMID: 25694786.
Toxicants and child health
- Desai G, Barg G, Vahter M, Queirolo EI, Peregalli F, Mañay N, Millen AE, Yu J, Kordas K. Executive functions in school children from Montevideo, Uruguay and their associations with concurrent low-level arsenic exposure. Environment International 2020; 142: 105883. PMID: 32599352.
- Frndak S, Barg G, Canfield RL, Queirolo EI, Mañay N, Kordas K. Latent subgroups of cognitive performance in lead- and manganese-exposed Uruguayan children: examining behavioral signatures. Neurotoxicology. 2019; 73:188-98. PMID: 30978412.
- Barg G, Daleiro M., Queirolo EI, Ravenscroft J, Mañay N, Peregalli F, Kordas K. Association of low lead levels with behavioral problems and executive function deficits in schoolers from Montevideo, Uruguay. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2018; 15:e2351. PMID: 30518085.
- Desai G, Barg G, Queirolo EI, Vahter M, Peregalli F, Mañay N, Kordas K. A cross-sectional study of general cognitive abilities among Uruguayan school children with low-level arsenic exposure, potential effect modification by methylation capacity and dietary folate. Environmental Research. 2018;164:124-31. PMID: 29486343.
- Jeddy Z, Kordas K, Allen K, Taylor EV, Northstone K, Dana Flanders W, Namulanda G, Sjodin A, Hartman TJ. Prenatal exposure to organochlorine pesticides and early childhood communication development in British girls. Neurotoxicology. 2018;69:121-9. PMID: 30292654.
- Moodie S, Ialongo N, Lopez P, Rosado J, Garcia-Vargas G, Ronquillo D, Kordas K. The conjoint influence of home enriched environment and lead exposure on children's cognition and behaviour in a Mexican lead smelter community. Neurotoxicology. 2013;34:33-41. PMID: 23110976.