Accepted Students

Students interacting in a laboratory testing blood pressure equipment.

Congratulations on your decision to attend the University at Buffalo and pursue a degree in the School of Public Health and Health Professions.

Meet Our Staff

We strive to have a team approach to student services. One of our staff members will assist you with all of your advising and student services needs. 

Undergraduate Academic Programs Leadership and Staff

Gaspar Farkas.

Gaspar Farkas, PhD

Associate Dean of Academic and Student Affairs

Jillian Reading.

Jillian Reading, PhD

Assistant Dean/Director of Student Affairs

416 Kimball Tower


Pedro J. Sotelo-Peryea.

Pedro J. Sotelo-Peryea, MS

Director, Academic Advising Initiatives

415 Kimball Tower


Cassandra Walker-Whiteside.

Cassandra Walker-Whiteside, MS

Senior Academic Advisor

Student Services and Recruitment

412 Kimball Tower


Kristy Happ.

Kristy Happ, MEd

Academic Advisor & Affiliation Agreement Coordinator

405 Kimball Tower


Nicolle Barsch, academic advisor.

Nicolle Barsch

Academic Advisor

404 Kimball Tower


Melique Young headshot.

Melique Young, MS

Academic Advisor

417 Kimball Tower


Karli DeGraw, success coach.

Karli DeGraw

Success Coach

418 Kimball Tower


Lindsey Martin.

Lindsey Martin

Academic Advisor

411 Kimball Tower


Register for Courses

New Incoming First Year Students

  • Registration for incoming students will officially commence in May for fall admits and December for spring admits.
  • First year students entering UB will be registered for most of their courses by their academic advisor. Students will be contacted (via email/phone provided on the student’s data form) if there are any questions regarding the students potential fall schedule. Prior to assigning a student a schedule, we factor in their self-reported AP courses, high school transcripts, International Baccalaureate (IB) credits, and other forms of alternative credit. Students will be responsible for registering themselves into a UB seminar of their choosing with guidance from their academic advisor. 

New Incoming Transfer Students

  • All incoming transfer students are assigned an enrollment appointment. This may allow you to register for courses without discussing them with an academic advisor. We highly recommend that even if you have registered that you still verify your coursework with an advisor prior to the start of the semester. 
  • An academic advisor in the School of Public Health and Health Professions will review your new student data form and then contact you to verify this information. We contact you via email to set up the initial appointment, so please be sure to check the email address that you provided on your data form frequently. Once the student and academic advisor have spoken, all transfer students will receive an email that includes information on how to register for classes, information pertinent to their academic department, and a personalized transfer document that details what they need to register for. 

Facilitate Your Course Registration

To ensure that we can register all incoming first year students quickly, please be sure to:

  1. Clear any holds on your student account. Login to your HUB Student Center to view holds and instructions specific to your hold.
  2. Send along high school, college, Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) and/or College Level Examination Program (CLEP) transcripts to our Office of Admissions (see below). 

How to request official transcripts sent to UB

You must have official transcripts sent to the University at Buffalo Office of Admissions, for any courses taken for college credit from any institution other than the University at Buffalo, even if these were taken during high school. Academic records are maintained at colleges and universities by the office of records or the registrar’s office.

How to request official score reports for exam credit

You must submit official exam score reports for any exams you would like considered for credit awards at UB. Official reports should be sent to the University at Buffalo Office of Admissions. For Advanced Placement (AP) or College Level Examination Program (CLEP) credit requests give the College Board the "SUNY Center Buffalo/School Code 2925." Exam types considered for UB credit are described on the UB undergrad catalog website. Check the exam websites for instructions on how to request an official score report. There is usually a fee charged for a score report. You should designate UB (SUNY Center Buffalo/School Code 2925) if a school code is requested.