Undergraduate Advisement

Our Department of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences and the Office for Academic and Student Affairs (OASA) are here to help you prepare for and plan your academic experience at UB.

Undergraduate Advisement

Once you have been accepted for admission into UB, you may enter the undergraduate exercise science program. During this time, an OASA advisor will be available to meet with you regularly to review your academic progress. This will help ensure that you are taking the appropriate courses for your intended program track.

Schedule an appointment with an advisor each semester. Contact OASA at sphhp-oasa@buffalo.edu or (716) 829-5000.

Change of Undergraduate Major

To change your major to Exercise Science or to change your ES concentration, use our Undergraduate Plan Change Form. We will update concentration changes once per semester. You cannot change concentrations multiple times per semester.

You must maintain an overall UB GPA of ≥ 2.0 and a major GPA of ≥ 2.0 to remain in the ES program.  All students in the Pre-Physical Therapy track must maintain a GPA of ≥ 2.7. 

If you are unsure whether or not the exercise science program is a good academic fit for you, you are encouraged to make an appointment with an advisor in OASA to discuss your academic plan by emailing sphhp-oasa@buffalo.edu.

To be removed from the Exercise Science plan, please email sphhp-ens-undergrad@buffalo.edu with your full name and person number.

Internship Advisement

The director of clinical education can assist you with the selection and application process for fulfilling your internship requirement. 

In preparation for your internship and graduation, you will enroll in ES 450, Professional Development, in the fall of your senior year.

You must have all ES coursework completed, including electives, before registering for your internship.

Advisement for Combined Degree Programs

If you are interested in our combined degree programs, you’ll need to submit a supplemental online application by March 15 for the BS/MS program, and by April 1 for the BS/MPH.

Graduate Advisement

Our director of graduate studies will serve as your advisor during the initial phases of your master’s or doctoral degree. As you progress in the program, your major professor and graduate committee will serve as your advisors.